Monday, January 7, 2013

79. Describe your first car

Days before I started college I got my licence. I'm embarrassed to say this but I failed my drivers test twice and on the third try I passed. I actually got my car before I got my licence. My dad and I were driving up to Watervliet, Michigan so I could practice on a driving course up there. I saw the car on the way up there and on the way back my dad pulled over so I could take a look. The car was a 1994 Mustang convertible and it looked like it was in good condition. I put the two phone numbers into my phone and when we go home we called the people up. They gave us more information and we put an offer in. There was already another offer on it and the guy was getting his financial information together. We went back a few days later and took it for a test drive and it drove great. A few days after that we got the call that the other guy didn't get his financial information together so we got the car for $4,000. I was quite happy that we got it because my dream car has always been a Mustang.  The money came from my grandma who had gave my parents money for school or anything and they used it to buy my car. After I got my licence I drove the Mustang with the roof down to school with my music blaring. I looked like a bad ass teenage with my sunglasses on and my music blaring. :)  I had started school on a Thursday so I drove it Friday and to church on Sunday.

On the way to church I noticed my speedometer had stopped working and I freaked out. My dad was right behind me in his truck so we switched cars and he drove the Mustang the rest of the way. The problem ended up being something to do with a box in the trunk and my dad was able to order a new one.  Another problem that my car was having was whenever I would turn the wheel while the car was in park the front would be very squeaky. We took the car in and it was something to do with the rod in front and one of the bearings by the wheel. The car also needed new tires and the total bill for everything was over $1,000. After all the work that was done on my car it now runs perfectly fine. 

I take really good care of my car and I wash it often keeping it nice and shiny. It usually takes me two hours to wash, wax, clean the tires and wheels, and do the interior. I always ride with the roof down as I enjoy the thrill of the wind in my hair. I can't drive it in the winter because it's a convertible and it doesn't ride well on snow covered roads. It only holds ten gallons of gas so I have to fill it up every week and a half.  I have really sharp eyes and if it wasn't for me seeing the car on the side of the road I wouldn't have my own car today. 

Here is a picture of it. I've never seen a Mustang this color but I have see some with white roofs like mine has.  



It's not even close to my dream Mustang which is this one but I'm still happy. 






5 comments:

  1. No wonder you’re very affectionate about your car -- it is a knockout! You were lucky you got it right away after making that call. Otherwise, that cute little baby might've gone to someone else. Thankfully that wasn't the case. Really take care of that one, as it is a keeper! Drive safe!

    Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler Products

    ReplyDelete
  2. This car really deserves your love, Cat. It’s so darn gorgeous! I can imagine you driving it while your hair is dancing with the wind. That scenario alone lets you appreciate your independence. You definitely have to keep it well-taken care of, though. You might not have gotten your dream car, but this one’s for keeps!

    Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might’ve gotten into some trouble with passing your driver’s test, but it’s definitely worth trying. Looking at the bright side, the experience made you become more focused about certain topics that you might have missed. At the very least, you are able to drive this awesome-looking car. Haha! Thanks for sharing!

    Lance Gross @ Royal on the East Side

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really is well history keeping and enjoying in your life.
    This car is lovely so is very fun!

    ReplyDelete