Tuesday, October 23, 2012

30. What is the one thing you cannot live without?

I can't live without my iPod. That iPod goes everywhere with me and my music library is constantly  expanding. I recently became a member of Spotify and I'm in love with it. I've listened to many songs that my Facebook friends have been listening to and discovered lots of new music. I got my iPod about 4 years ago from my brother who got a new one. A year or two ago I had to get my iPod fixed because it wouldn't sync any music at all. I refused to buy a new one because my iPod is a 30 gig and I knew I wouldn't need a bigger one. I can't live without it because music gets me through everything and I have so many songs that speak to me. My iTunes library right now is at 2,159 songs in tons of different genres anything from classical to metal.  Now that I have a car I don't use my iPod that much but I do us it for running, mowing the lawn, and when I'm in my room working on my homework. I don't discover much music on iTunes but I download a majority of songs from it. The music I discover comes from Pandora, Spotify, and the radio. I create a lot of my playlists on my iPod and then I tweak them in iTunes. Those playlists end up being made into CD's that go into my car. When I get the money I want to get my car wired so I can play my ipod because seriously who uses CD's anymore?  OK I admit I still buy CD's but only to my favorite artists. The last two CD's I bought were Vital by Anberlin and Phoenix by The Classic Crime. Both are amazing CD's and I encourage you to check them out. My iPod is something I can't go without and I would be devastated if something ever happened to it. Music is my life sometimes and songs just speak to me because they actually get what I'm going through at a particular time. Music has a way of expressing what we can't say in our own words, it takes lyrics to a song to say "Yeah that's exactly how I feel." Even though my iPod is a bit beat up I wouldn't and couldn't ever go without out it.
This is one of my favorite songs right now. :)  "Now don't you understand that I'm never changing who I am"




No comments:

Post a Comment